AriB - "Architects in Brussels" was created on the basis of one observation: the specificity of the profession of architect in an urban context, framed by the specific regulations for urban planning in the Brussels-Capital Region.
In order to compensate for the lack of attention to this specific situation, the AriB has the following objectives :
- Support architects active in the Brussels Region, both in the public and private context and to raise awareness of the conditions of their intervention
- Inform all of the architects' interlocutors about their skills in leading a project in the Brussels Region
- Provide AriB members with detailed information on the regional specificity
- Promote the quality of Architecture in the Brussels Region, produced through constructive conversation; especially between architects from the public service and the private sector
- Inform architects and their representatives of regional policies in terms of urban planning
To achieve these objectives: 3 radii of actions.
- Inform: highlight the privileged links between the public sector, architects and the private sector
- Train: complete the knowledge for maximum efficiency between these 3 sectors
- Promote: rely on architects’achievements in the Brussels Region to demonstrate the excellence that the intervention of architects can achieve in a favorable context, in the service of the public interest.
You can find a more detailed description of these objectives and resources in the "AriB Charter" which you will find on this site.